The current coronavirus emergency has had a great impact on many of us. Here’s what we know as of May 1, 2022.
- We are following the CDC’s recommendations as best as we can to minimize the spread of the virus. Masks are not needed at this time; however, if you are more comfortable wearing a mask, you are welcome to do so.
- We are holding regular indoor services. We are continuously re-evaluating our best course of action, based on direction from the Carroll County Department of Health and from Governor Hogan.
- Stress can impact our health, so reducing our stress is important. A key method of reducing stress in uncertain times is to gain control of something. A means of achieving control can include helping someone who is at risk, taking care of a mess in your own household, or finishing a task that you left undone. There are many things we can do to gain some control, and in doing so, we become calmer and healthier.
- Keep yourself healthy first so that you are able to help others.
- Many folks are stepping up to help and to feed others in incredible ways, underscoring the good we all have in us.
- We WILL get through this.
What are our “knowns”?
It is not all bad. Please keep that in mind. There are many factors we must keep in mind, including
- God has given us the incredible ability to overcome many illnesses.
- Mental attitude is key to staying well and getting well, should you or a loved one catch something.
- When you encourage others, they benefit immensely. Continue to encourage everyone to look up and expect the best.
- When you pray for yourself and for others, you benefit by strengthening your relationship with God.
All things are difficult before they are easy.